Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween & Its Damage

Oh what fun we had dressing up and trick or treating last night! Chili with the Johnsons and the Morrisons and then out for a round of candy collection.

Drew....after Mom lets him have a lollipop while we were out. He was making such a rukus watching the other kids get candy that I let him have his own lollipop. Needless to say, he quit fussing.
Ahhhh....Motherhood....
I NEVER would have let Amelia have a lollipop at this age.
Short one #3 has it easier already.
Amelia, Abby and Mitch all wired up after plenty of sweets.

A great smile from the cutest butterfly on the block.


And now for today's BIG DAMAGE! I let Mitch take his candy bucket to rest time with him. Yes, my brain had left the building. He was quietly watching a movie and I thought he fell asleep (he was exhausted from last night). But about an hour and half later he pokes his head downstairs and I notice chocolate on his face. I proceed to my bedroom and find the below scattered across the bed.

And when asked "Mitch, how much candy did you eat?", he sweetly responds, "Way too much." However, later in the evening, coming off his sugar high was not a very pleasant experience, tired, cranky and lots of sugar don't go well together! ;)

2 comments:

Drama Queens said...

Ummm...yeah. I don't blame him! If mom had ever fallen for the "I'll just HOLD my candy at rest time" trick I would have actually eaten it ALL!!! :-) Ahh, Mitchy, a boy after my own heart!

Tam said...

Awesome! I AM ROLLING! The wrapper picture is a classic, way to go Mom on letting him take the bucket to nap! And if it makes you feel better Sy had a sucker, candy bars, licorice, whoppers, and chocolate pie on Halloween night...and I wonder why he won't eat vegetables...