Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Pumpkins!


So, today I realized I hadn't loaded our pumkin carving pics from last week....I am so good to take pictures and then I have such a hard time remembering to download them. That is probably why my camera has pictures on it from early June still!!!!
Anyway, back to pumkins. So, sadly, this is our first year carving pumpkins with the kids. Previous years Chris was either out of town, or I was big and pregnant, or we were swamped with a new business....but this year, it was perfect! Chris was here, I am NOT pregnant (and won't be anymore) and we are all just havin' a bit more spare time to be together. And the kids are actually old enough to know what is going on. Unfortunately, little Drew missed all the action, cause he was so sleepy, he was already in bed asleep when we started carving.

So, first...our cute little pumpkins, from the local pumkin patch. Which of course I forgot the card in my camera at so we really didn't get any of our own pictures. Thank goodness Sarah had her camera and we did get a couple of shots of the family.

Then to the backyard for the opening of pumkins......

Continuing to work on pumpkins! Mitch was very impressed that we let him use a little pumpkin carving knife.


The finished product! The pumkins are a bit scary, but I think the scariest part of this picture is that Mitch is holding the box of matches! Eeeeck! How did that happen!


We moved the pumkins to the front step, and lit them up. This is a picture of one of them as we sat on the steps, with the pumpkins turned facing us (pumkins facing the house), and we ate popcorn. Turning the pumkins to look at us was Amelia's idea. She insisted that if we were going to eat our popcorn on the step, that we had to look at the pumkins at the same time. It was actually quite fun hanging out in the dark with 3 glowing faces looking at us. Maybe it is our new family tradition!

Happy Halloween!

3 comments:

Angela said...

Love it...great post Brooke!! We carve pumpkins tonight and can't wait to see Olivia's reaction this year compared to last year!!

Anonymous said...

Cute! Cute! Cute! Who knew pumpkins are so much fun!

Tam said...

Awesome! I especially the shot of Mitch with the matches ;) I'm glad you guys had fun, they look great!