Sunday, November 16, 2008

The BIG "3" for our Mitchy


Mitch turned 3 this last Wednesday, the 12th, and well we just had a blast celebrating with him! He totally got that it was his birthday, and was most excited for cake, and then for presents.
But what kind of fun cake do you make for a kid who specifically requests, "chocuate, mom, I want chocuate mom, wif chocuate frousting."?????

A football cake of course! And even better, the kid sat and helped me make the cake, pretty much from start to finish. He does love to cook, and we had fun doing it together.

Powertools, flashlights and jerseys were the name of the game this year! Thank you everyone for the great gifts!




Using his new jigsaw to cut his cake (well at least pretending too).
And lastly, every year, on the night before their bithday, while they are sleeping, I take a picture of my kiddos. For some reason I just have to capture that last moment before they are officially a year older. I can't believe how much they change. The pictures aren't always great, but I love the memory of doing it. Chris thought it was corny at first (which it is), but now he reminds me and brings me the camera.

"Almost 3"

"Almost 2"
"Almost 1"
And best of all....the things we love about Mitch at age 3.
You are wild and crazy! You keep us hopping, always into something and yet so smart and inquisitive. Just when I think you are not listening, you have absorbed way more than I even thought possible. You love to wrestle, jump, and tackle. You pick on your sister and brother and they both give it right back. You love to play with tools...whether out of dads tool box or out of moms kitchen.
You love to be outside, the fresh air calms your little spirit and yet gives you a new energy at the same time. Your cheeks are always flushed from either the heat or the cold, and with that I know you have had a good time. The love of being outside is something I hope you never loose....whether playing ball or raking leaves, you are there!
You are the PERFECT middle child and God certainly knew what he was doing by giving you to us when he did.
You love the book "Where the Wild Things Are", so as the book says
"...let the wild rumpus start"!
We can't wait for all the fun to come!































































































2 comments:

Drama Queens said...

Oh, Mitchy there is no one else like you! We love you so much! Can't wait to come see your new toys!

Tam said...

Yay for 3 Mitchy! We wish we could have celebrated with you! And Brooke, the "almost" pictures are awesome! What a great tradition...