Friday, November 21, 2008

Happy Birthday Drew!

So, on Wednesday November 19th, our littlest baby turned 1 year old. I can't even believe how fast the year has gone. Too think that just over a year ago, I was 5 days overdue with our 3rd and last baby and was convinced it was a girl (no proof on the girl thing though...). WOW, how things change in such a short time. Who couldn't love this cute little dimpled baby BOY!

Drew had a fun little birthday with just our family.

Poor kid, I think his sister and brother overwhelmed him just a little bit with their excitement. I remember when both Amelia and Mitch turned 1, they just seemed so grown up and big, and Drew just seems so little.



Drew had a great time though, really liked the cake, although the frosting was his favorite. He mostly just sucked it off the cake and then through the rest on the floor.







As for presents, he didn't hardly have a chance to open them. We practically had to tie the other two down so Drew would have a fighting chance and even getting to them. But all in all, he got lots of his very favorite thing....balls or toys that have balls associated with balls and toys to push too! And he has played with all of them.


And last but not least...the "almost" picture. Ironically Drew, this almost picture is taken while you are sleeping on Mom and Dad's bed, where in all reality you have spent a better part of your first year either sleeping in our bed or in our room. For some reason, I just haven't been able to move you out as quickly as we did the other two. Some it is is due to lack of space, and trying to get Mitchy sleeping a bit better, but other of it is just cause you are the baby.


As I think on this last year, I think about all that you have brought to our family. We have settled into a family of 5, and Drew, you complete us. You are a precious little babe. You have been an easy one from the get go. Sleeping through all the noise and chaos in our home, nursing like a champ and toting to the office with me for so many months on the days I worked.

But the first thing I remember was seeing your little face and thinking
"Wow, that baby GIRL sure does look a lot like Mitch".
And then we realized you were a little boy.
And then we saw your dimples and heard your cute little cry.

Your little dimpled grin, your quiet but not to be forgotten disposition all are so perfect. You are such a laid back baby, not much to say, but determined to get what you want (a bit like your daddy I think). You are the baby, and we love to treat you like the littest of the "short ones". But that doesn't mean you don't demand to keep up or put up and you have no problem sassing back to Amelia or Mitch when needed.
We forget that you should be getting close to walking....we just carry you everywhere and don't even make you stand up to try. But I am really okay with carrying you, cause I just can't rewind and make you little again, and soon, you won't want me to carry you at all. So, I will just carry you as long as I can.

We love you Drew Baby and can't wait for many more fun memories to come!

2 comments:

KimKapYung said...

Happy 1 year birthday! That was an awesome cake! I can't believe he is 1! He has got to be the most smiley baby I have ever met. So sweet.

Angela said...

You made me cry Brooke...your love for your son is simply beautiful.

P.S. I think Amelia's hair is adorable short! :)